10 Beauty Tips For Brides
Most of these beauty tips will work best if you start implementing them a month prior to your wedding.
- Start early with your skincare- There is no magic potion to make you look good overnight. Ideally, a skin care routine should be followed regularly for optimum benefits. You should start looking after your skin at least a month prior to the wedding.
- Follow your cleansing, toning and moisturising routine on a daily basis- To find the products that are best suited to your skin, you can consult your dermatologist.
- Fight off UV damage using a good sunblock- This will reduce your tan and give a healthy glow to the skin.
- Manage your skin issues- If you have any problem, like dull skin, pimples or a rash, see your dermatologist for medicated creams and ointments. Even if you have no skin issues, your dermatologist may prescribe a retinol based product or a beta hydroxy acid based product to enhance the appearance of your skin.
- Beat the stress- Wedding planning can be quite stressful with all the arrangements, shopping and socializing. Ensure that you exercise or practice yoga regularly to fight off the stress and reduce the build-up of energy sapping hormones in your body.
- Eat your nutrients- The busy period prior to your wedding leaves you with little time to focus on what you eat, but the old adage “you are what you eat” holds very true. Stock up on fruits and vitamins especially the brightly colored ones to get your dose of anti-oxidants. These will not only enhance your appearance but will also help to maintain your body weight and reduce your stress levels.
- Get your beauty sleep- Our skin recovers and regenerates during the night. A good 8 hour sleep helps to rejuvenate the skin.
- Control your skin damaging habits- Starting a new life with your partner could be the incentive to give up on smoking. In addition to the well known and much highlighted heart and breathing problems, nicotine can also play havoc with your skin. It would also help to restrict the alcohol consumption prior to the wedding. Excessive drinking will not only lead to a hangover but can also make your skin look tired and worn-out.
- Hydrate your skin- Drink about 10-12 glasses of water a day to hydrate your skin and flush out the toxins.
- Pamper yourself- On the D-day or one day before, go in for a pampering ritual like a full body spa. This will not only give a glow to your skin but will also help you to relax.