Did you know that coffee is one of the most popular ingredients in cosmetic industry? Yes, it helps enhance the beauty of your skin and most importantly it is not at all harmful. Coffee is rich in caffeine and contains antioxidants which improve skin’s elasticity, help in soothing the redness of the skin, reducing the inflammation due to its anti-inflammatory properties, exfoliates the skin and improves blood circulation.
Let us see how to prepare some best coffee scrub and face masks for treating acne and getting radiant and clear skin. Read on and try it to believe it!
1. For cleansing
This mixture contains coffee and milk which will remove the dirt and dead cells leaving your skin clear. It will also help in calming the redness of the skin by reducing the inflammation and make skin smooth and soft. It can also be used as an eye mask for puffy eyes.
· Add 1 tbsp of instant coffee to ½-1 tbsp of liquid milk.
· Mix the two well to form a paste.
· Apply on your face and leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
· Once it is dry rinse it off with cold water.
· Repeat 2-3 times a week to get best results.
2. Reducing dark spots
This mask contains turmeric which helps in reducing dark spots due to the presence of Vitamin C. Coffee and turmeric help in building up of collagen which helps in skin tightening. Yogurt due to the presence of lactic acid helps in healing acne and reduces the signs of ageing like wrinkles and fine lines. Want to nourish and lubricate your skin, try this!
· Mix 1 tbsp each of instant coffee, turmeric and yogurt.
· Apply the mixture on your face, let it stand for 20 minutes and wash it off with normal water by gently messaging in order to remove dirt and dead cells.
· Repeat it 2-3 times a week to get fast and best results.
3. Exfoliation for oily skin
This scrub contains coffee grounds and the roughness of these grounds helps in exfoliating the skin and leaving it fresh and radiant.
· Mix 1 tbsp of coffee ground with 1 tbsp of honey or yogurt and scrub your face for 1-2 minutes.
· Let in on for 5 minutes and then wash off.
· Repeat 1-2 times a week to get best results.
It is said that “a lot can happen over a cup of coffee”, now it is the time to see what coffee has for your skin. Get up, try these coffee face masks and you will definitely include it in your bucket of skin care regimen.